Overall, it’s a clear win and improvement. Seems that there are a few ambiguities (ie: related to stadiums, buildings, etc).
But what does it add or affirm?
- Allows employees to keep arms in vehicle.
- Indemnifies employers from lawsuits related to gun incidents.
(Which probably helped the above item get passed.)
- Establishes a more “shall issue” environment.
- Affirms permit free open carry, and protects it further.
- Affirms rights to non-Alabama residents
(but not to illegal residents)
Seems like a major win for our side.